We are looking for a motivated person to join our team for a summer internship position. The person filling this role will have the unique opportunity to manage the communications, PR and social media marketing for a growing research firm and have a hand in creating and shaping the voice of a new, innovative company. Having excellent writing and communication skills, being able to work independently, and having a keen interest in science and technology are strong assets in this role. Work hours are flexible, and this role can be part-time. You can also work remotely in the location of your choice. This would be a great experience for aspiring science writers, journalists and/or individuals looking to gain social media marketing experience. This is an unpaid internship, however you will gain valuable experience and networking opportunities.
- Create original, engaging articles and content for our blog. Manage content of our firm’s social media channels.
- Own our social media marketing and shape our PR strategy, developing a cadence of communication across channels to create interest, drive web traffic and maintain engagement in with our firm.
- Conduct regular in-person interviews with our founders to discuss timely issues in science, tech and industry and use these interviews as material to create public interest articles to be published on our website/blog.
- Attend industry events and regular technology related conferences in Toronto, and create engaging articles and content based on speaker presentations and conference discussions.
- Open to current students, or recent grads with a strong background in journalism, marketing, or public relations. Background in the sciences, quantitative social sciences or technology is an asset.
- Social media savvy, with an understanding of how social media is used to drive engagement with organizations.
- Able to create engaging, original content and articles based on open ended “journalist-style” interviews and attending conference presentations.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Able to independently identify relevant and timely issues affecting industry, technology, science and society – and create original content surrounding these issues.
- Able to work remotely and set own schedule.
- Excellent written communication skills.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application, please click here.